Q) plz.. kindly explain how the major product is formed??
Asked by araima2001 | 1st May, 2017, 04:33: AM
Thanks for asking us a question in Ask the Expert section of TopperLearning.com.
We consumed enough time thinking on this question but are still not confident of the explanation to support the correct options. We are unable to understand the rearrangement that taking place during the reaction.
We would request you provide us the name of the reference book from which the question is posted which will ease our work in the solution part.
Answered by Arvind Diwale | 4th May, 2017, 01:33: PM
- what is structure of CH2=CH2 and mention hybridization of carbon atom in CH2=CH2
- Indicate Π bonds in c6h12 molecule
- Write : (a) molecular formula, (b) electron dot formula and (c) structural formula of ethene (ethylene). 2. The molecules of alkene family are represented by a general formula CnH2n. Answer the following: (a) What do n and 2n signify ? (b) What is the name of alkene when n = 4? (c) What is the molecular formula of alkene when n= 4? (d) What is the molecular formula of the alkene if there are ten H atoms in it ? (e) What is the structural formula of the third member of the alkene family? (f) Write the molecular formula of lower and higher homologous of an alkene which contains four carbon atoms. 3. (a) Distinguish between the saturated hydrocarbon ethane and the unsaturated hydrocarbon ethene by drawing their structural formulae. (b) Draw the structures of isomers of butene and write their IUPAC names. 4. Give a balanced equation for the lab. preparation of ethylene. How is the gas collected ?
- What are alkenes?
- What is cis/tras isomerism?
- What types of isomerism is shown by alkenes?
- Why do alkenes show geometrical isomerism? Explain with examples.
- Give three methods for preparation of alkenes.
- What is E/Z isomerism?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number