CBSE Class 11-science - Introduction to Alkenes Videos
- what is structure of CH2=CH2 and mention hybridization of carbon atom in CH2=CH2
- Indicate Π bonds in c6h12 molecule
- Write : (a) molecular formula, (b) electron dot formula and (c) structural formula of ethene (ethylene). 2. The molecules of alkene family are represented by a general formula CnH2n. Answer the following: (a) What do n and 2n signify ? (b) What is the name of alkene when n = 4? (c) What is the molecular formula of alkene when n= 4? (d) What is the molecular formula of the alkene if there are ten H atoms in it ? (e) What is the structural formula of the third member of the alkene family? (f) Write the molecular formula of lower and higher homologous of an alkene which contains four carbon atoms. 3. (a) Distinguish between the saturated hydrocarbon ethane and the unsaturated hydrocarbon ethene by drawing their structural formulae. (b) Draw the structures of isomers of butene and write their IUPAC names. 4. Give a balanced equation for the lab. preparation of ethylene. How is the gas collected ?
- What are alkenes?
- What is cis/tras isomerism?
- What types of isomerism is shown by alkenes?
- Why do alkenes show geometrical isomerism? Explain with examples.
- Give three methods for preparation of alkenes.
- What is E/Z isomerism?
Queries asked on Sunday & after 7 pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12 pm the next working day.