Q. An object is placed at a distance of 24 cm in front of a convex lens of focal length 8 cm.
(i) What is the nature of the image formed?
(ii) Calculate the distance of the image from the lens.
(iii) Calculate the magnification of the image.
Asked by akshushashu123 | 6th Mar, 2019, 10:00: AM
u = - 24 cm
f = 8 cm ...(focal length of convex lens)
The image is formed to the right so, the image formed will real and inverted.
Magnification of image is given by,
m = v/u = 12/-24 = - 0.5
This implies that magnification is -0.5 which means image is diminished.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 6th Mar, 2019, 10:34: AM
- Complete the ray diagram of the following image, please give the solution for the following ray diagram
- Write an introduction as well as conclusion on the topic refraction through a lens for board project file
- Refractive index means
- How is the focal length of a lens affected by change in(1) radii of curvature of two surfaces of lens (2)refractive index of the material of lens?
- should we learn the geometrical derivations for Physics?
- how can we increase the magnification of a biconvex lens
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number