Asked by sulaikhasulu393 | 30th Apr, 2020, 09:27: PM
Wire of resistance 20 Ω covered with ice and voltage of 210 V is applied across the wire
rate of heat produced is given as,
H = V2 / R
H = (210)2/ 20 = 2205 J/s
Latent Heat of fusion of ice = 80 cal/g
Thus, we can convert heat produced in cal/s by dividing it with 4.2 cal
Thus, rate of melting of ice is 6.5 g/s
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 30th Apr, 2020, 10:45: PM
- color code of carbon resistance
- Amongst Iron, Chromium, Mercury & Manganese - which has the highest electrical resistivity at 20 degrees celcius?
- A wire of resistance of 20Ω is cut into two equal pieces, how will its resistance and resistivity change?
- In a meter bridge experiment null point is found at a distance of 33.7from one end .If a 12 ohm resistor is connected in parallel with unknown resistance 10 null point is shift to 51.9 . find the value of r and s
- What is temperature coefficient of resistance?
- A carbon resistor is marked as orange, yellow, green and silver respectively. What is the approximate resistance of the resistance?
- Name two substances whose resistivity decreases with the rise in temperature.
- Name the alloys which are used for making standard resistance coils?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number