In a meter bridge experiment null point is found at a distance of 33.7from one end .If a 12 ohm resistor is connected in parallel with unknown resistance 10 null point is shift to 51.9 . find the value of r and s
Asked by Samrasiddiqui11 | 26th Sep, 2018, 09:06: PM
According to the principle of Wheatstone's meterbridge ,
Balance condition is
first null point is = 33.7 cm
When S is connected in parallel to R= 12 ohms
resistance across the gap is Req
Thus, new balance condition is
Substituting value of R/S in eq (2),
Thus, S= 13.68 Ω
Substituting value of S in equation (1) we get,
R = 6.91 Ω
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 27th Sep, 2018, 03:40: PM
- color code of carbon resistance
- Amongst Iron, Chromium, Mercury & Manganese - which has the highest electrical resistivity at 20 degrees celcius?
- A wire of resistance of 20Ω is cut into two equal pieces, how will its resistance and resistivity change?
- pls explain
- What is temperature coefficient of resistance?
- A carbon resistor is marked as orange, yellow, green and silver respectively. What is the approximate resistance of the resistance?
- Name two substances whose resistivity decreases with the rise in temperature.
- Name the alloys which are used for making standard resistance coils?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number