Please explain what is land breeze and sea breeze with a diagram.
Asked by jhilmilsoma | 6th Aug, 2015, 08:15: PM
Land breeze blows during the night from land to sea and the land becomes cooler faster than the sea. The air above the sea becomes less dense (i.e. warmer) and rises. The cooler air from the land moves in to take its place.
Sea breeze blows during the day and the land heats up faster than the sea. The air on land becomes less dense (i.e.warmer) and rises so the cooler air over the sea which is denser(cooler) flows in to take the place of the warm air, causing a sea breeze.
Answered by Faiza Lambe | 7th Aug, 2015, 08:12: AM
- a hot utensil kept away from flame cools down by transferring heat to surrounding . name the process of her transfer involved
- Why Black colour umbrella in summer compare to white one?
- Please explaing me the land breeze sea breeze concept of heat?
- why do icebox have double wall?
- What are the modes of heat transfer
- If atmosphere of earth is not present then what will happen to the temperature of earth?
- What is radiation?
- A hot utensil kept away from the flame cools down. How?
- Often before sunrise on a clear, calm, cold morning, ice (frost) can be seen on the top of parked cars, even when the air temperature is above freezing. Why does this happen?
- For an astronaut working outside a spaceship, the greatest loss of heat would occur by means of which mode of heat transfer?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number