name the stratified intiated to improve lot of Indian agriculture
Asked by shivahemanth81 | 7th Aug, 2020, 10:47: AM
Four steps which were taken by the Indian government to improve agriculture in India after independence wer
1. Land reform was the main focus of the government in the First Five Years’ Plan. It aimed at consolidation of land holdings, abolition of the zamindari system etc.
2. During the 1960’s and 1970’s, many agricultural reforms were introduced in agriculture to enhance production. The Green Revolution was such a measure.
3. The government started many schemes to protect the crops against droughts, fires, floods and other calamities.
4. Various cooperative banks and societies were established to provide farmers with loans at low rates of interests.
5. The government also announced minimum support price and procurement price for the important crops to check the exploitation of farmers by middlemen.
Answered by Akansha | 7th Aug, 2020, 01:35: PM
- which of the following states is rich in minerals and coal deposits ?
- which country has more fertility in maize
- what is labour intensive farming ?
- what is right of inheritance
- Is there a difference between Food crop and cereal crop?
- what is major crops
- easy definition of Commercial Farming
- What is meant by Cropping Pattern ?
- What are the three main farming?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number