Name polymers which are lyophilic colloids.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Polymers such as starch have hydrophilic and hydrophobic segments and form sols on vigorous stirring. Polymers can also form gels, such as gelatin, as a solid suspension. Entangled polymer chains trap solvent and form gels.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- Explain the different phases of colloids
- Classify colloids on basis of interaction between phase and medium.
- Salad dressing is a common emulsion between oil and water. How is this emulsion formed?
- Classify colloids depending on the size of phase.
- Explain preparation of sulphur sol and gold sol.
- Write short note on dispersion methods of preparation of colloids.
- Why should colloids need purification?
- Describe any two methods of purifying colloids.
- What is peptization? Explain with example.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number