Describe any two methods of purifying colloids.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Dialysis is a process in which colloid is placed inside a bag of semi permeable membrane like cellophane or parchment paper which permits ions and not colloids to pass through. The process becomes faster if it is done in electrical field and is called electro dialysis.
Ultrafiltration is a process in which a special pore size filter paper is made by coating normal filter paper with the colloidal particles and is called ultra filters .Filtration can be accelerated by pressure or suction.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- Explain the different phases of colloids
- Classify colloids on basis of interaction between phase and medium.
- Salad dressing is a common emulsion between oil and water. How is this emulsion formed?
- Name polymers which are lyophilic colloids.
- Classify colloids depending on the size of phase.
- Explain preparation of sulphur sol and gold sol.
- Write short note on dispersion methods of preparation of colloids.
- Why should colloids need purification?
- What is peptization? Explain with example.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number