Name all the primitive unit cell in which all 3 sides are different.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 17th Jun, 2016, 10:11: AM
Triclinic - a ≠ b ≠ c; α ≠ β ≠ γ
Monoclinic- a ≠ b ≠ c; α = γ = 90°, β ≥ 90 °
Orthorhombic- a ≠ b ≠ c; α = β = γ = 90 °
Answered by | 17th Jun, 2016, 12:11: PM
- give a relationship between nearest neighbour distance(d),radius of atom(r), edge of unit cell(a), for fcc and BCC crystal
- what is the number of octahedral sites per sphere in a f.c.c. structure.
- Show that edge centered cube and body centered cube has 2 atoms.
- Calculate formulas if atom A forms ccp, B occupies ½ tetrahedral void & atom C occupies all octahedral void.
- Ferric oxide crystalises as hexagonal close packing array of oxide ion two out of every three one octaheddral holes is occupied by ferric ions.derive the formula of ferric oxide .
- How do we identify primitive and centered cell.
- Distinguish between Triclinic and monoclinic unit cell.
- Element crystallizes as BCC. How many atom will be present in the unit cell of the element.
- Aluminium crystallizes as FCC. Calculate number of atoms that wil be present in the unit cell.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number