Ferric oxide crystalises as hexagonal close packing array of oxide ion two out of every three one octaheddral holes is occupied by ferric ions.derive the formula of ferric oxide .
Asked by Topperlearning User | 17th Jun, 2016, 10:00: AM
n oxide ions form close packing, n octahedral void are formed & 2/3 n octahedral voids are occupied so the ratio is 2/3n Fe : n O. So the formula is Fe2O3(multiply by 3 to get whole number formula).
Answered by | 17th Jun, 2016, 12:00: PM
- give a relationship between nearest neighbour distance(d),radius of atom(r), edge of unit cell(a), for fcc and BCC crystal
- what is the number of octahedral sites per sphere in a f.c.c. structure.
- Show that edge centered cube and body centered cube has 2 atoms.
- Calculate formulas if atom A forms ccp, B occupies ½ tetrahedral void & atom C occupies all octahedral void.
- How do we identify primitive and centered cell.
- Distinguish between Triclinic and monoclinic unit cell.
- Name all the primitive unit cell in which all 3 sides are different.
- Element crystallizes as BCC. How many atom will be present in the unit cell of the element.
- Aluminium crystallizes as FCC. Calculate number of atoms that wil be present in the unit cell.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number