Aluminium crystallizes as FCC. Calculate number of atoms that wil be present in the unit cell.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
The face centered cubic structure has atoms located at each of the corners and the centers of all the cubic face Eight eighths from corners atoms and six halves of the face atoms. 8 Corners x 1/8 = 1 and 6 Faces x 1/2 = 3 therefore total 4 atoms.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- give a relationship between nearest neighbour distance(d),radius of atom(r), edge of unit cell(a), for fcc and BCC crystal
- what is the number of octahedral sites per sphere in a f.c.c. structure.
- Show that edge centered cube and body centered cube has 2 atoms.
- Calculate formulas if atom A forms ccp, B occupies ½ tetrahedral void & atom C occupies all octahedral void.
- Ferric oxide crystalises as hexagonal close packing array of oxide ion two out of every three one octaheddral holes is occupied by ferric ions.derive the formula of ferric oxide .
- How do we identify primitive and centered cell.
- Distinguish between Triclinic and monoclinic unit cell.
- Name all the primitive unit cell in which all 3 sides are different.
- Element crystallizes as BCC. How many atom will be present in the unit cell of the element.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number