how to use vernier caliper?
Asked by k.manju2007 | 2nd Aug, 2015, 10:59: AM
Vernier Scale is used to measure the length of an object or the outer diameter of a cylindrical object.
It has a main scale and a smaller scale called the Vernier scale that slides over the main scale. This instrument has two pairs of jaws that are used to hold objects to be measured.
The object to be measured is fixed between the two jaws, lengthwise for length measurement. If measuring diameter, the cylindrical side of the object should be fixed between the two jaws. To measure the inner diameter of a cylindrical object, that object should be fixed over the smaller upper jaws, with the jaws touching the inside walls of the object.
To obtain the correct measurement with a Vernier caliper we have to first find the least count of the instrument.
You also have to determine the zero error of the instrument.
The observed reading will be the main scale reading added to the product of the Vernier scale reading and the least count.
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 15th Dec, 2017, 08:01: PM
- star A is farther than star B. which star will have a large parallax angle
- How can we estimate the error in the combination of quanties
- find the percentage error in kinetic energy of a body having mass 60.0 plus minus 0.3 gram moving with a velocity 25.0 plus minus 0.1 CM
- how to mesurement leghnth
- There are 20 divisions in 4 cm of main scale. The vernier scale has 10 divisions. The least count of the instrument is?
- Hello mam. can you explain propagation of errors with an example?
- The length , breadth, and thickness of a block are measured as 125.5 cm, 5.0 cm, and 0.32 cm, respectively. Which one of the measurement is most accurate? Explain briefly.
- X=a^2√b÷C^3 whose value is 3% 2% 1% respectively then percentage error of x is
- What is the need for measurement of a physical quantity
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number