How to find Hard water?Recommend a test.
Asked by surajsubedi14 | 5th Mar, 2015, 11:33: AM
We can detect the hard water by some home made obseravtion. Common problems associated with hard water are :
1. It shows poor washing machine performance. Clothes washed in hard water often look dingy and feel scratchy or stiff. Continuous laundering in hard water can damage fibers and shorten the lifespan of clothes.
2. We can observe whitish scale deposits in pipes, water heaters, tea kettles, pots, silverware and dishes as well as calcification of taps and shower-heads.
3. There will soap curd and scum in washbasins and bathtubs.
4. Bathing with soap in hard water leaves a film of sticky soap curd on the skin, which may prevent removal of soil and bacteria.
Answered by Arvind Diwale | 5th Mar, 2015, 12:44: PM
- In ice in ice crystal nearest and second nearest atoms to water molecule respectively is
- what is territorial water ?
- Can we make potable water by hydrogen and oxygen ?
- reaction of hydrogen peroxide in basic medium with iron and mangenese
- Pl answer
- Density of water varies with temperature. What are its consequences?
- Please complete the reaction NaOH+ D2O= ?
- What is H20?
- Discuss the structure of water.
- Why an ice cube floats on water?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number