Help in this question.
Asked by carnivalgirl8421 | 29th Jun, 2022, 10:06: PM
Total Flux Φ of electric field passing through the surface of cone is given as
where is intensity of electric field at surface of cone and is small area element on the surface of cone.
Above equation implies that intensity of electric frield is integrated over the closed surface of cone.
By Gauss theorem, we have
where q is enclosed charge inside the volume of cone.
In this case, enclosed charge is zero , because we are given that electric field intensity is 20 N/C .
Given electric field intensity is uniform and directed along x-axis.
We will not get such a uniform intensity of electric field over the surface of cone
if there is an enclosed charge within the volume of cone.
Hence from eqn.(2) and by knowing that enclosed charge is zero ,
it can be concluded that total flux of electric field through the surface of cone is zero.
Physically we can infer that whatever flux entering from left side surface of cone is leaving
through right side surface of cone so that total flux of electric field over the surface of cone is zero.
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 30th Jun, 2022, 08:08: AM
- Charge of 2C is placed at the centre of a cube of volume 8 cm^3. What is the electric flux passing through one face?
- The electric field components in are Ex = A+Bx, Ey = Ez = 0, in which A = 800 N/C , B= 100 N/C-m. Calculate (a) the flux through the cube (b) the charge within the cube. Assume that a = 0.1 m
- Can we use the formula electric flux is equal to E×A cos theta
- what is flux
- Unit of Electric flux_?
- A point charge is placed at the centre of a closed Gaussian spherical surface of radius r. Electric flux passing through the surface is Φ. How is the electric flux Φ through the surface affected when the following changes are made in turn: (i) The spherical surface is replaced by a cylindrical surface of the same radius? (ii) The point charge is replaced by an electric dipole? Justify your answer in each case.
- Plzz explain
- Image has been uploaded below. Please solve bit i.
- A CHARGE IS PLACED AT THE CORNER OF A CUBE. WHAT IS THE NET FLUX COMING FROM THE CUBE?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number