Give characteristic of a good catalyst.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
The characteristics of a good catalyst can be summarised as follows:
(a) It must be able to chemisorb the reactants sufficiently strongly to cover the entire surface, but not so strongly that it is difficult to persuade them to react.
(b) They must also be chemisorbed in the right form, that is, in the way that encourages them to make only the desired product.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- in homogeneous catalysis both catalyst and reactants have same?
- what is catalysis
- examples of hetrogenous catalyst
- Example of heterogeneous catalysis
- what is catalyst? Give an example of reaction to show.
- name the two groups into which phenomenon of catalysts can be divided give an example of each group with chemical equation involved
- Explain with the help of example INDUCED CATALYST
- Explain the THEORY OF HETEROGENOUS CATALYSIS in detail with the help of examples
- What will happen if DISORPTION OF PRODUCT do not takes place in case of HETEROGENOUS CATALYSIS ? Explain in detail.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number