Find the number of terms: 5 2 -1 ......-49
Asked by bhavishgowdabs355 | 30th Apr, 2021, 09:03: AM
The given terms are 5, 2, -1, ..., -49
This forms an A.P. with first term (a) = 5 and common difference (d) = -3
Let the number of terms be n.
So, -49 becomes the nth term.
an = -49
5 + (n - 1)(-3) = -49
5 - 3n + 3 = -49
8 - 3n = -49
3n = 57
n = 19
Hence, the number of term is 19.
Answered by Renu Varma | 5th May, 2021, 11:16: AM
- The sum of the first six terms of an A.P is 42. The ration of the 10th and 30th term is 1:3. Find the first and 13th term.
- FIND THE SUM OF ALL ODD NO. LESS THAT 50 AND FIRST 12 NATURAL NUMBERS EACH OF WHICH IS A MULTIPAL OF 7
- Determine the A.P., whose fifth term is 16 and the difference of the eighth term from the thirteenth term is 20.
- 10the term of the sequence tn=2n-5
- The first term of two A.P.s are equal and the ratios of their common differences is 1:2 If the 7th term of first A.P and 21th term of second A.P are 23 and 125 respectively. Find two A.P.s
- How to find nth term of an arithematic sequences
- Can 2n² -7 be the n th term of an A.P.?Explain.
- If the n th term of the A.P .58,60,63........ is equal to the n th term of the A.P -2,5,12.......,find the value on n.
- THE 6TH TERM OF AN A.P. IS 16TH AND THE 14TH TERM IS 32. DETERMINE THE 36TH TERM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number