Determine the A.P., whose fifth term is 16 and the difference of the eighth term from the thirteenth term is 20.
Asked by 4321sandeep | 11th Oct, 2020, 11:46: AM
Question should be:
Determine the A.P., whose fifth term is 19 and the difference of the eighth term from the thirteenth term is 20.
Given: a5 = 19 i.e. a + 4d = 19 ... (i)
a13 - a8 = 20 i.e. a + 12d - a - 7d = 20 i.e. 5d = 20
Therefore, d = 4
Substituting d in (i), we get
a + 4 x 4 = 19
a = 3
Hence, the required AP is 3, 7, 11, 15, 19, 23, 27, 31, ...
Note: If a5 = 16, we get a = 0 which contradict the statement a5 = 16
Answered by Renu Varma | 12th Oct, 2020, 10:14: AM
- FIND THE SUM OF ALL ODD NO. LESS THAT 50 AND FIRST 12 NATURAL NUMBERS EACH OF WHICH IS A MULTIPAL OF 7
- Find the number of terms: 5 2 -1 ......-49
- 10the term of the sequence tn=2n-5
- The first term of two A.P.s are equal and the ratios of their common differences is 1:2 If the 7th term of first A.P and 21th term of second A.P are 23 and 125 respectively. Find two A.P.s
- How to find nth term of an arithematic sequences
- Can 2n² -7 be the n th term of an A.P.?Explain.
- If the n th term of the A.P .58,60,63........ is equal to the n th term of the A.P -2,5,12.......,find the value on n.
- THE 6TH TERM OF AN A.P. IS 16TH AND THE 14TH TERM IS 32. DETERMINE THE 36TH TERM
- Find the 10th term from the end of the A.P 4, 9, 14........., 254
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number