Enlist the characteristic features of Petromyzon as representative of class Cyclostomata.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 10th Jul, 2014, 01:31: PM
Characteristic features of Petromyzon:
- It is an ectoparasite.
- The body is elongated bearing 6-15 pairs of gills.
- The mouth is circular, sucking type with jaws.
- Cranium and vertebral column are cartilaginous.
- It has a closed circulatory system.
- Although it is marine, it migrates to freshwater for spawning.
Answered by | 10th Jul, 2014, 03:31: PM
- state the important of air bladder in Pisces.
- Is development direct or indirect in cnidaria and chondrichthyes and cyclostomata? Is fertilization external or internal in cnidaria, annelida and cyclostomata?
- Name the fish which has an electric organ.
- Why do cartilaginous fish swim constantly?
- Name the organ which regulates buoyancy in Rohu.
- Which two sub-phyla are collectively referred to as protochordates?
- Name the reptile which has a four-chambered heart.
- State the difference between urochordates and cephalochordates with reference to the notochord.
- What is the most unique characteristic of mammals?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number