Eg4 please...Why are 'means' taken as a-d,a+d and not the other two?
Asked by drhimasingh | 25th Dec, 2019, 08:30: PM
Extremes are the numbers at the end which are (a-3d) and (a+3d)
(a-d) and (a+d) are the means because in an AP a,b,c,d
b is the mean of a and c
c is the mean of b and d
Hence, (a-d) and (a+d) are taken as means.
Answered by Renu Varma | 26th Dec, 2019, 10:53: AM
- how to find ap
- If the numbers x-2, 4x-1 and 5x-2 are in AP, find the value of x
- EFor what value of k will k + 9, 2k – 1 and 2k + 7 are the consecutive terms of an A.P?
- if 2x, x+10, 3x+2 are the consecutive terms of ap for the value x
- The sequence root3, root 6, root 9, root 12, form an arithmetic progression? Give reason.
- what are Ap
- what is mean
- If two distinct natural numbers have a Geometric Mean of 7, find their Arithmetic Mean.
- What is the common difference of the arithmetic sequence 17,15,13.......
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number