Define the follwing with examples:
Asked by pb_ckt | 23rd Apr, 2019, 09:09: PM
1. Merocrine secretion: A secretion in which the product is discharged through the cell membrane, the cell itself remaining intact. No part of the cell is damaged. Example- Glands of gastrointestinal tract.
2. Apocrine secretion: A secretion in which the apical end of the secreting cell is broken and its contents are extruded. Here some cytoplasm is partially lost. Example- Mammary gland
3. Holocrine secretion: A secretion in which entire cell and its constituents are extruded as part of secretory product. Example- Sebaceous glands
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 24th Apr, 2019, 09:33: AM
- 1.What are paracrine and autocrine tissues? 2.What are ion channels?(Chapter-Tissue)
- what are duct
- What are ductless glands called?
- Describe the secretions of endocrine glands in one sentence.
- Name the basal part of the diencephalon.
- Name the hormone of the hypothalamus which controls the secretions of gonadotropins from the pituitary glands.
- State the function of somatostatin.
- What are the neurosecretory cells of the hypothalamus called?
- Name the two systems which jointly coordinate the physiological functions of the body.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number