Can 2n² -7 be the n th term of an A.P.?Explain.
Asked by krcraju1973 | 10th Jun, 2019, 09:43: AM
According to the question,
an = 2n2 - 7
a1 = -5, a2 = 8 - 7 = 1, a3 = 11, a4 = 25,....
a2 - a1 = 1 - (-5) = 6
a3 - a2 = 10
a4 - a3 = 14
As difference between two consecutive terms is not constant.
Given sequence is not an A.P.
Answered by Sneha shidid | 10th Jun, 2019, 09:55: AM
- FIND THE SUM OF ALL ODD NO. LESS THAT 50 AND FIRST 12 NATURAL NUMBERS EACH OF WHICH IS A MULTIPAL OF 7
- Find the number of terms: 5 2 -1 ......-49
- Determine the A.P., whose fifth term is 16 and the difference of the eighth term from the thirteenth term is 20.
- 10the term of the sequence tn=2n-5
- The first term of two A.P.s are equal and the ratios of their common differences is 1:2 If the 7th term of first A.P and 21th term of second A.P are 23 and 125 respectively. Find two A.P.s
- How to find nth term of an arithematic sequences
- If the n th term of the A.P .58,60,63........ is equal to the n th term of the A.P -2,5,12.......,find the value on n.
- THE 6TH TERM OF AN A.P. IS 16TH AND THE 14TH TERM IS 32. DETERMINE THE 36TH TERM
- Find the 10th term from the end of the A.P 4, 9, 14........., 254
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number