are two digit number contains smaller of the two digits in the units place. the product of the the digits is 40 and the difference is 3 find the number
Asked by suneelmsc | 2nd May, 2020, 02:05: PM
Let x and y be the two digits such that x
According to the question,
xy=40 ... (i)
y - x = 3 ... (ii)
y = x+3
Substituting y in (i), we have
x = -8 or x=5
x can't be negative
Hence, the number is 85.
Answered by Renu Varma | 2nd May, 2020, 04:27: PM
- A twodigits number contains the smaller of the two digits in the unit place . The product of the digits is 40 and the difference between the digits is 3. Find the number.
- A woman is six times as old as her son. Two years ago, the product of their ages was 84. Find their present ages.
- The numerator of a fraction is 2 less than its denominator. If 3 is added to each of the numerator and the denominator, the fraction increases by 1/18. Find the fraction.
- Ten years ago, Aminas age was square of her sisters age . Eleven years hence, she will be 6 yeas older than her sister. Find their present ages
- By selling an article for rupees 96,a man gains as much percent as its cost price. Find the cost price of the article
- prove that cyclic trapezium is isosceles
- I am unable to solve the follwing question. Q: x articles are bought at Rs.(x - 8) eachand (x - 2) some other articles are bought at Rs.(x - 3) each.If the total cost of all these articles is Rs.76, how many articles of first kind were bought?
- Q. 21
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number