Among Neopentyl chloride and isopentyl chloride, which one have high boiling point?
Asked by ektachhaila | 16th Jan, 2020, 06:41: AM
The boiling point of n-pentyl chloride is higher than its isomeric neopentyl chloride.
The branching of the chain makes the molecule more compact and decreases its surface area.
This decrease the magnitude of the Van der Waal's forces of existing between the two and consequently the boiling point decreases.
Answered by Ramandeep | 16th Jan, 2020, 11:32: AM
- Write the structure of four bromo 4 methyl pent 2 ene
- What is Westrol and Westrosol ???
- nomenclature of organic compounds with rules and examples .
- pls solve the problem
- why alkyl halide are prepare from alcohol
- Which halogen has a tendency to form cation
- In the iupac name of m-clch2c6h4ch2c(ch3)3 we take benzene as the main chain Why? why we dont take CH2Cl as main chain? Pls answer
- In 2nd plz explain how these two effects control orientation and reactivity
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number