alcohol is acidic or basic ?
Asked by | 3rd Mar, 2008, 07:06: PM
Answered by | 14th Dec, 2017, 02:30: PM
- A carbon compound ‘P’ on heating with excess conc. H2 SO4 forms another carbon compound ‘Q’ which on addition of hydrogen in the presence of nickel catalyst forms a saturated carbon compound ‘R’. One molecule of ‘R’ on combustion forms two molecules of carbon dioxide and three molecules of water. Identify P, Q and R and write chemical equations for the reactions involved.
- why soap is collidal in solution? how it does ion-ion repultion?
- how are ester formed with reaction
- I have a doubt in science please clear my doubt.
- The general formula of an ester where R represents an alkyl group is ? what is ans and explain?
- what is dring solution ?
- Difference between toilet soaps and bathing bars?
- Natural detergent and man-made detergent
- How does the use of a detergent help to clean soiled clothes?
- Vinay was trying to create sodium acetate, he added ethanoic acid and ‘A’ in an open vessel. He also added few drops of concentrated H2SO4 to this and was surprised when the solution gave a sweet effervescence. So he repeated this experiment in a closed vessel and obtained ethyl acetate. Then he added ‘B’ and created sodium acetate. Find A and B.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number