CBSE Class 10 Chemistry Carbon and Its Compounds
Esterification is the process of conversion of
Which of the following reacts with sodium metal?
The formula of ethyl propanoate is
- properties of ethanol ?
A compound 'C' with molecular formula C2H4O2 reacts with Na metal to form compound 'R' and evolve a gas which burns with pop sound. 'C' reacts with an alcohol 'A' in presence of an acid to form a compound C2H4O2. On addition of NaOH to 'C' it gives 'R' and water. 'S' on treatment with NaOH gives back 'R' and 'A'. Identify C,R,A,S and write down the reactions involved.
- Why is unsaturated fatty acids are added in soap
- A carbon compound ‘P’ on heating with excess conc. H2 SO4 forms another carbon compound ‘Q’ which on addition of hydrogen in the presence of nickel catalyst forms a saturated carbon compound ‘R’. One molecule of ‘R’ on combustion forms two molecules of carbon dioxide and three molecules of water. Identify P, Q and R and write chemical equations for the reactions involved.
- why soap is collidal in solution? how it does ion-ion repultion?
- how are ester formed with reaction
I have a doubt in science please clear my doubt.
- The general formula of an ester where R represents an alkyl group is ? what is ans and explain?
- what is dring solution ?
- Difference between toilet soaps and bathing bars?
Queries asked on Sunday & after 7 pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12 pm the next working day.