About an A.P sum.............
Asked by | 25th Feb, 2008, 03:09: PM
Your question was
The ratio of the sum of n terms of two AP is (4n+2): (3n+47).find the ratio of the 9th term.
Let the I term and common difference of the AP be a and d and for the II AP it will be
a' and d' respectively
According to the given Condition
n/2(2a+(n-1)d): n/2(2a'+(n-1)d') = (4n+2): (3n+47)
i.e (2a+(n-1)d): (2a'+(n-1)d') =(4n+2): (3n+47)
i.e (a+(n-1)d/2):(a'+(n-1)d/2)=(4n+2): (3n+47)
substituting n=17 in both sides we get
(a+8d):(a'+8d') = 70:98
(a+8d):(a'+8d') = 5:7
Answered by | 5th Dec, 2017, 05:43: PM
- What is the common difference of the arithmetic sequence 17,15,13.......
- Which of the following are A.P's? If they form an AP, find the common difference d. (1) 4, 0, -4, -8, -12, ... (2) -2, 0, 2, 5, 8, 10, ...
- Write the next two terms of the following AP: ……….
- Write first term and common difference for the following AP'S
- Write the four terms of the AP when first term is and the common difference is ?
- Write the next two terms of the following AP: 3, 1, -1, -3, ……..?
- Find the terms of the sequence defined by
- Write the next two terms of the following sequence
- Write the first three terms of sequences starting the value of n from 1.
- Check whether forms an Arithmetic progression or not .If it is an AP then write the common difference and the next two terms.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number