A wire of resistance of 20Ω is cut into two equal pieces, how will its resistance and resistivity change?
Asked by randeepsj | 28th Apr, 2021, 11:08: AM
Resistivity is material property. It will not change by cutting the wire.
Resistance of wire is directly proportional to length of wire.
Hence when a wire of resistance 200 Ω is cut into two equal pieces ,
then its resistance of each piece of wire will be 100 Ω
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 28th Apr, 2021, 12:01: PM
- color code of carbon resistance
- Amongst Iron, Chromium, Mercury & Manganese - which has the highest electrical resistivity at 20 degrees celcius?
- pls explain
- In a meter bridge experiment null point is found at a distance of 33.7from one end .If a 12 ohm resistor is connected in parallel with unknown resistance 10 null point is shift to 51.9 . find the value of r and s
- What is temperature coefficient of resistance?
- A carbon resistor is marked as orange, yellow, green and silver respectively. What is the approximate resistance of the resistance?
- Name two substances whose resistivity decreases with the rise in temperature.
- Name the alloys which are used for making standard resistance coils?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number