A metal carbonate X on treatment with a mineral acid liberates a gas which when passed through aqueous solution of a substance Y gives back X. The substance Y on reaction with the gas obtained at anode during electrolysis of brine gives a compound Z which can decolorise coloured fabrics. Name the compounds X,Y and Z ?
Asked by rushabh123 | 14th Mar, 2019, 10:57: AM
A metal carbonate X on treatment with a mineral acid liberates a gas which when passed through an aqueous solution of a substance Y gives back X.
Chlorine gas is obtained at the anode during electrolysis of brine.
The substance Y on reaction with the Cl2 gas obtained at the anode during electrolysis of brine gives a compound Z.
The compound X is CaCO3
The compound y is Ca(OH)2
The compound Z is CaOCl2
Answered by Varsha | 14th Mar, 2019, 03:23: PM
- What do you mean by crystalline nature of salts?
- what is hardness of water
- What happens when after adding water to quicklime it is applied on the walls ?
- what is a quicklime?
- is the common salt used in our homes purely sodium chloride or does it contain any impurities?
- Sir! How hydration enthalpy is responsible for the reducing nature..? Please explain..
- properties of baking soda
- What is the colour of ferrous sulphate
- A solution of substance 'x' is used for white washing. Name the substance 'x' and write it's formula? Write the equation of substance 'x' named in above with water?
- In early times, quick lime was used for white-wash. Nowadays, use of paint has become very common. Do you think it is better in all respects or you think it is not?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number