a man on the bank of a stream observes a tree on the opposite bank exactly across the stream he finds the angle of elevation of the top of the tree to be 45. on receding perpendicularly a distance of 4m from the bank, he finds that the angle of elevation reduces by 15 .is this information sufficient for the man to determine the height of the tree and the width of the stream? if so, find them.
heights and distance
Asked by triptisrivastava2002 | 14th Oct, 2018, 03:26: PM
AD is the tree
B is the initial position of man
C is the final position
CB = 4m ......given
we can find the value of AD using given info
apply tan in tri BAD
you get BA = DA...........eqn.1
then apply tan in CAD
tan 30 = DA/CA
replace CA = CB + BA, which is CB + DA........from eqn.1
sub value of tan 30 and value of CB
1/√3 = DA/(4 + DA).......find DA
Answered by Arun | 19th Oct, 2018, 10:55: AM
- can u ppls explain heights and distNces
- From the top of a cliff, 50m high, the angle of depression of a buoy is 30 degree . Calculate to the nearest meter , the distance of the buoy from the foot of the cliff
- Can anyone please answer question c
- The upperpart of tree broken by the wind makes an angle of 45 with the ground and distance from the root to point where the top of the tree touches the ground is 15 m what was the ht of the tree before it was broken
- Two people standing on the same side of a tower in a straight line with it, measure the angles of elevation of the top of the tower as 25° and 50° respectively. If the height of the tower is 70 m, find the distance between the two people.
- from the top of a hill the angle of depression of two consecutive kilometre stones due east are found to be 30 degrees ahd 45 degrees respectively. find the distance of the two stones from the foot of the hill.
- an aeroplane at an altitude of 250m observes the angle of depression of two boats on opposite banks of a river to be 45 degree and 60 degree respectively find width of river(please include diagram and explaination to each step)
- The shadow of a tower standing on a level ground is found to be 61.59m longer. When the sun altitudes 34°30`then when it is 50°.find the height of the tower.
- an aeroplanewhen flying at a height of 3125m from theground passes vertically below another plane at an instant when the angles of elevation of the two planes from thesame point on the ground are 30degree and 60 degree respectively find the distance between the two planes at the instant.explain the meaning of the. question with diagram.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number