A car of mass 1000kg is moving with a certain speed when a constant breaking force of 1000 N acts on it for 5 seconds and the speed of car reduces to half its original speed. Find the further time required to stop the car if the same constant force acts.
Asked by mkp400 | 17th Dec, 2017, 12:26: PM
Retardation = Force/mass = 1000 N/ 1000 kg = 1 m/s2
in 5 seconds initial speed v0 reduces to (v0/2). then
now the speed is (25/22) m/s. Required time to stop the car completely is given by
Answered by | 17th Dec, 2017, 01:32: PM
- Why does a ship made up of a metal heavier than water floats give reason
- Calculate the pressure exerted by cubical block placed over the surface. M = 50 kg, Side Length = 5 cm
- What is force and pressure write a brief note on this question Plz help me with this question
- How does liquid pressure depends upon accelerating due to gravity?
- partial pressure
- numericals on force and pressure
- What is pressure
- Q11. long answer. Find the magnitude of pressure in Pascal of a force of 150N that acts normally on an area of 0.25 square meters.
- Q5. long answer. explain the factors on which the pressure exerted by a liquid depends.
- Q3. long answer. Explain the factors affecting the pressure exerted by a solid.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number