Speed = 90km/h find distance
Asked by mrohitgarg2008 | 24th May, 2021, 09:02: AM
The question is assumed that initial speed is 90 km/hr, deceleration is 0.5 m/s2 and what is the distanace travelled.
We need to use equation of motion " v2 = u2 - ( 2 a S ) " , where v is final speed and u is initial speed. Final speed v is zero because the object comes to rest after travelling a distance S with deceleration a .
S = u2 / ( 2 a ) ..................... (1)
Speed 90 km/hr = 90 × ( 5 / 18 ) = 25 m/s
S = ( 25 × 25 ) / ( 2 × 0.5 ) = 625 m
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 24th May, 2021, 09:13: AM
- Brake applied to a car produce a uniform retardation of 90m/s .if the car was travelling with a velocity of 27m/s.than what distance will it cover before coming to rest?
- A car is travelling with a speed of 36km/h. The driver applies the brakes and retards the car uniformly. The car is stopped in 5 seconds. Find i) Retardation of the car ii) Distance travelled before it is stopped.
- A stone is thrown vertically upward after how much time it will be at height of 5m
- A particle which is moving in a straight line with constant acceleration describes distances of 10 m and 15 m in two successive seconds. find the acceleration
- a car has uniform acceleration of 8m/s². what distance will it cover in 20 s after starting from rest.?
- An object starting from rest travels 20m in the first 2s and 160m in the next 4s. What will be the velocity after 7s from the start?
- The water drop falls at regular intervals from a tap 9 m above the ground. The fourth drop is leaving the tap at the instant, the first drop touches the ground. How high is the third drop at that instant?
- a stone is allowed to fall from the top of a tower of height 200m and at the same time an another stone is projected vertically upwards from the ground with a velocity of 50 metre per second calculate where and when the two stones will meet. ( take g = 10 metre per second square)
- a train starting from Rest attains a velocity of 72 km /h in 5 minutes. Assuming that the acceleration is uniform,find the acceleration and the distance travelled by the train for attaining this velocity.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number