1. Why are sound waves called mechanical waves?
Asked by prerika2306 | 5th May, 2021, 07:35: PM
Sound waves are generated when mechanical energy is transferred to a medium like air .
Due to this mechanical energy transfer pressure variation is induced in the medium in the form of waves.
This waves are called sound waves. Vibration of our vocal cord in our speech , vibration of strings in
string instruments , vibration of speakers all are transfering mechanical energy in air to produce
pressure variation in the form of waves .
We sense this pressure variation as sound . Hence sound waves are mechanical waves
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 5th May, 2021, 08:14: PM
- A source of wave produce 40 created 20 throughs in 0.45 seconds what is the frequency of the wave??
- what is rare fraction?
- propagation of disturbance in air metal strip example
- i am not able to do numericals
- A source of wave produces 40 crests and 40 troughs in 0.4 s.What is the frequency of the wave?
- The heart of a man beats 75 times a minute .What is it's (a) frequency and (b) time period?
- The time period of a simple pendulum is 2s.Find it's frequency.
- By giving 2 examples, show that sound is produced by vibration.
- define propogation of sound
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number