9.00am - 9.00pm IST all days
JEE or NEET ?
Sign In / Sign Up
Dialog content here.
Fetching details, please wait...
By registering, you certify that all information you provide, now or in the future, is accurate. You also accept that we may contact you by SMS or email
for verification and communication purposes. As per the DOT regulations, this will apply even if you are registered in the Do Not Disturb.
Here are some facts that you must know about Eid-e-Milad.
1. Eid-e-Milad is celebrated in memory of Prophet Mohammad who was born on the twelfth day of Rabi-ul-Awwal.
2. Rabi-ul-Awwal is the third month in the Islamic calendar. Prayers are held throughout the month.
3. Prophet Mohammad passed away on the same day; thus, Eid-e-Milad is both a time to rejoice and a time to mourn.
4. On the twelfth day of the month, Muslims remember Prophet Mohammad and his teachings. Mourning is not allowed on this day.
Image Source: topnews.in
5. Eid-e-Milad is also known as Maulid, and the song sung in praise of the prophet is known as Maulud.