ICSE Class 10 Chemistry Electrolysis
- State the products at anode and cathode during electrolysis of : 1. Molten NaCl 2. Conc. NaCl Give reasons for your answer.
- Will sugar and acidified water solution conducts electricity? Why?
- is the oxide of a metal 'M' which is above hydrogen in electrochemical series. when dissolved in water forms the corresponding hudroxide which is a good conductor of electricity. 1)State the reaction taking place at thee cathode 2)name the product at the anode
- Pink metal is deposited at the cathode during the electrolysis of the solution of which salt a. Hydrogen chloride b. Copper(II)sulphate c. sodium argentocyanide d. Nickel sulphate
- What are active and inactive electrodes? Give examples of each? How to define them
- What are the products obtained when acidified water is electrolysed using inert electrodes?
- From which electrode does current enter the electrolytic cell
- A solution of caustic soda in water or when fused,conducts an electric current.What is the similarity in these 2 cases?
- electrolysis is carried out in acidified waterbut not in pure water
- Electrolysis is a redox process.explain.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number