What is the difference between Molecules & Compound? Give five points
Differences between Molecules & Compound :-
1. A molecule is formed when two or more atoms of an element chemically join together. A compound is a molecule that contains at least two different elements.
2. All compounds are molecules but not all molecules are compounds.
3. Compounds can be recognized by their chemical formula that identifies the molecules that are combined to make a compound. Molecules are recognized by their weight and sizes, and can unite to form larger molecules, or separated by chemical reactions.
4. Compounds show different chemical and physical properties as compared to their component molecules.
5. Examples of Molecule: - H2, O2, O3
Examples of Compound:- NaCl, H2O
You have rated this answer /10