The diagonal of a rectangular field is 60 metres more than the shorter side. If the longer side is 30 metres more than the shorter side, find the length of the sides of the field.
Let the shorter side be x.
Diagonal = x+60
Longer side = x+30
By applying Pythagoras theorem,
(x+30)2+x2 = (x+60)2
D= 3600-4(1)(-2700) = 3600+10800=14400
But, x cannot be negative. So, x = 90
Thus, shorter side = 90m, longer side= 120 m
You have rated this answer /10
- CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 Mathematics
- R S Aggarwal and V Aggarwal Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- RD Sharma Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- NCERT Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Previous year papers with Solutions Class 10 Mathematics