Asked by anjalisinghdps16 | 15th Sep, 2020, 11:49: PM
x2 + 6x - (a2 + 2a - 8) = 0
x2 + 6x - (a2 + 2a + 1 - 9) = 0
x2 + 6x - (a2 + 2a + 1) + 9 = 0
x2 + 6x + 9 - (a + 1)2 = 0
(x + 3)2 - (a + 1)2 = 0
[x + 3 - (a + 1)][(x+3)+(a+1)]=0
x - a + 4 = 0 OR x + a + 4 = 0
x - a = -4 ... (i)
x + a = -4 ... (ii)
Adding the two we get
2x = -8
x = -4
From (i), we get
-4 - a = -4
a = 0
Answered by Renu Varma | 18th Sep, 2020, 12:00: PM
- 2x^2-7x+3=0 by method of completing square
- how to solve X2+4
- 4x2-2(a2-b2)x+a2b2=0.solve eqn by completing square method.
- using completing the square method show that the equation x square -8x-18 =0 has no solution
- Page 72 If one root of the two quadratic equations x2 + ax + b = 0 and x2 + bx + a = 0 is common , then a + b = 1 a + b = -1 ab = 1 ab = -1
- please tell how to solve this question To express the quadratic equation n2 +8x-128=0 in form of (n+a)2=k2
- Solve by method of completing square.
- Find the roots of the equation by the method of completing square.
- The sum of the reciprocals Rehman"s ages 3 years ago and five years from now is . Find his present age.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number