using completing the square method show that the equation x square -8x-18 =0 has no solution
Asked by ajayrath7 | 22nd Apr, 2019, 09:12: AM
The question which you have posted should be like this
using completing the square method show that the equation x square - 8x + 18 = 0 has no solution.
Hence, the solution is
x2 - 8x + 18 = 0
x2 - 8x = -18
x2 - 8x + 16 = -18 + 16
(x - 4)2 = -2
As square of any number is always positive.
Hence, the given equation has no solution.
Answered by Sneha shidid | 22nd Apr, 2019, 09:32: AM
- 2x^2-7x+3=0 by method of completing square
- how to solve X2+4
- 4x2-2(a2-b2)x+a2b2=0.solve eqn by completing square method.
- Page 72 If one root of the two quadratic equations x2 + ax + b = 0 and x2 + bx + a = 0 is common , then a + b = 1 a + b = -1 ab = 1 ab = -1
- please tell how to solve this question To express the quadratic equation n2 +8x-128=0 in form of (n+a)2=k2
- Solve by method of completing square.
- Find the roots of the equation by the method of completing square.
- The sum of the reciprocals Rehman"s ages 3 years ago and five years from now is . Find his present age.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number