Please give me best way to complete these chapters quickly
(1) Chemical Kinetics
(2) Surface Chemistry
(3) Aldehydes and ketones
Unit 4: Chemical Kinetics (Marks approx: 5)
- Rate of Reaction (Average Rate and Instantaneous Rate)
- Factors Influencing Rate of a Reaction (Concentration, Temperature, Catalyst) - (Important)
- Order and Molecuarity of a Reaction (Zero Order, First Order, Second Order)
- Rate Law and Specific Rate Constant
- Integrated Rate Equations (Only for Zero and First Order Reactions)
- Half-Life of a Reaction (Important)
- Pseudo First Order Reaction
- Temperature Dependence of the Rate of a Reaction
- Effect of Catalyst (Very Important)
- Concept of Collision Theory
- Arrhenius Equation
- Activation Energy
Unit 5: Surface Chemistry (Marks approx: 4)
- Distinction between two things (such as lyophillic and lyophobic, physical absorption and chemical absorption, Enzymes and catalyst).
- Tyndall effect, Brownian movement, electrophoresis, coagulation, emulsion - types of emulsions.
Chapter 12: Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids (Marks approx: 6)
- Aldehydes and Ketones: Nomenclature and Structure of Carbonlyl Group, Methods of preparation – Gatterman-Koch Reaction (Important), Chemical properties, Mechanism of Nucleophilic Addition, Nucleophilic Addition and Nucleophilic Addition-Elimination Reactions (Important), Reactivity of alpha hydrogen in aldehydes (Important)
- Carboxylic Acids: Nomenclature, acidic nature, Methods of Preparation of Carboxylic Acids (Very Important), All Chemical Properties and Reactions (Important)
Attempting Numericals: (All the Numerical problems are important from chemical kinetics and surface chemistry)
- Do not ignore numerical problems as most of the times, the problems are direct application of the formulae mixed with the understanding of a topic. Mastering numerical problems is a good way to score marks.
- Start the answer by writing the skeleton formula in standard notation followed by substitution of values with units.
- Conversion of units should be taken care of. The final answer must be written with units.
- Numericals carry step-wise marking. At times it happens that due to lack of time these questions remain un-attempted. In that case, even if you write the general formula and substitute the values, you manage to score some of the total marks allotted to the question.
All the Best!!
You have rated this answer /10
- Biology Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Chemistry Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Economics Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Hindi Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Mathematics Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Physics Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science