CBSE Class 9 - Discovery of Nucleus Videos
Rutherford's Model of an Atom - Part 1
This video explains the gold foil experiment by Rutherford.
- what are alpha particle?
- what is the meaning of equipment
- what is meant by nucleon??
- How are scientist observe the atoms in an element?
- What are the observation of α-particle scattering experiment?
- What are α-particles?
- Why did Rutherford select a thin sheet of gold foil for his experiment?
- Where does the most of the mass of an atom reside? Which particles contribute to most of the mass of an atom?
- One of the observations during α-particle scattering is that most of the fast moving α-particles passed straight through the gold foil non-deviated. What does this observation explain?
- During Rutherford's experiment, a very small fraction of alpha-particles were deflected by 180o, what does this prove?