CBSE Class 12-science Biology Ecological Succession And Biogeochemical Cycles
- what is adaptive radiation? does it refer to power of adaptation in an individual to a variety of environments or evoluion of species from a common ancestor or adaptations due to geographical isolations?
- Mention the role of pioneer species in primary succession on rocks.
- The climax stage is achieved quickly in secondary succession as compared to primary succession. Why?
- Mention one similarity between hydrarch and xerarch successions.
- What are seral communities?
- Why nutrient cycles in nature are called biogeochemical cycles?
- The gradual and predictable change in the species composition of a given area is called ecological succession. What do you understand with the pioneer and climax communities in this context?
- Name the pioneer and the climax species in a water body. Mention the changes observed in the biomass and biodiversity of the successive seral communities developing in the water body.
- Why is secondary succession faster than primary succession?
- Explain the function of ‘reservoir’ in a nutrient cycle. List the two types of nutrient cycles in nature.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number