CBSE Class 11-science Physics Relative Motion
- A jet airplane traveling at the speed of 500 km/hr ejects its products of combustion at the speed of 1500 km/hr relative to the jet plane. What is the speed of the later with respect to an obserever on the ground?
- Two ships A and B strat together from the same point. A sails 16 km/h towards east and B sails 20 km/h towards north. Find the relative velocity of B w.r.t A and distance between them after 5 hours.
- Two trains are moving in the opposite directions on parallel tracks, one with a velocity twice that of other. If the total length of the two trains is 480 ft and they take 3 seconds to cross each other, find their individual velocities.
- In a harbour, wind is blowing at the speed of 72 km/h and a flag on the mast of the boat anchored in the harbour along the N-E direction. If the boat starts moving at a speed of 51 km/h to the north, what is the direction of the flag on the mast of the boat.
- Two trains A and B of length 400 m each are moving on two parallel tracks with a uniform speed of 72 km/hr in the same direction, with A ahead of B.The driver of B decides to overtake A and accelerates by 1 m/s2 . If after 50s, the guard of B just brushes past the driver of A, what was the original distance between them?
- Two cars A and B are moving with same speed 30 km/hr in same direction with car B 5 km behind the car A. Another car C moving in opposite direction crosses the two cars at an interval of 4 minutes. Find the speed of car C.
- Two cars A and B are travelling in same direction with speed v1 and v2 respectively (v1 > v2 ). When car A is d distance behind the car B, the brakes on A are applied, causing retardation . Show that to prevent a collision between A and B it is necessary that (v1 > v2 )2 < (2d)
- A ship moves along equator to the east with velocity 30 km/hr. The southeastern wind blows at an angle of 60o to equator with velocity 15 km/hr. Find the wind velocity relative to ship and angle between the equator and the wind direction in reference frame fixed to the ship.
- A particle A moving along a straight line with velocity 5 m/s and another particle B has a velocity 8 m/s at angle 37o to the path of A. Find the relative velocity of B w.r.t A.
- Rain is falling vertically with speed of 30 m/s. A woman rides a bicycle with a speed of 10 m/s in N to S direction. In which direction she should hold the umbrella?
More videos from this chapterView All
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number