CBSE Class 11-science Physics Heat Engines
- Show four steps of carnot engine in P – V graph write the equation of each step and obtain the work done by the system. Also obtain the efficiency of a carnot engine.
- State the conditions which must be fulfilled to utilize heat into useful work.
- Can a room be cooled by leaving the door of an electric refrigerator open?
- Two ideal heat engines A and B have their sources at 600K and 400K and their sinks at 300K and 250K respectively. Which engine is more efficient?
- Define efficiency of a heat engine. Also draw the symbolic representation of a heat engine.
- What does a heat engine do? Name two types of heat engines. Give one example of each.
- (a) What is a refrigerator? Explain its principle by a schematic diagram. Name the gas commonly used in refrigerators? (b) In the household refrigerators, name the agency that does the work.
- Explain the following terms in context with a heat engine: (i) Hot reservoir (or source) (ii) Cold reservoir (or sink) (iii) Working substance (iv) Mechanical parts
- Refrigerator P works between - 10oC and 27oC, while refrigerator Q works between -27oC and 17oC. Both of them remove 2000 J heat from the freezer. Which of the two is a better refrigerator?
- In a refrigerator, heat is transferred from inside at 277K to a room at 300K. How many joules of heat will be delivered to the room for each joule of electric energy consumed ideally?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number