CBSE Class 11-science Chemistry Geometry And Shapes Of Molecules
- Draw the two stereoisomers of 1,3-dibromocyclobutane Refer to the structure below to answer the following questions: 4. Which of the labeled bonds in the structure are equatorial bonds? 5. Which of the labeled bonds are trans to bond b? 6. Which labeled bonds have a 1,3-diaxial interaction with each other?
- Are CH3- and CH3+ iso-structural pairs? Why??
- Name two species which have tetrahedral shape.
- Why does the pair of electrons in the valence shell repel each other?
- What is the dipole moment and geometry of H2 and CO2 molecule?
- Give examples of the compounds which show AB5 and AB6 geometry.
- A compound A has 4 pairs of electrons around the central atom and makes an angle of 109o28'. Draw the shape of the compound.
- MgCl2 is a linear molecule while SnCl2 is angular.Explain.
- Using VSEPR theories identify the type of hybridization in OF2 molecule and draw the structure.
- The bond angles of PF3, PCl3, PBr3 and PI3 are 97o, 100o, 101.5o and 102o respectively. This data shows a gradual increase in the bond angle. Explain.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number