Why is it mandatory to submit your documents on time?
Delhi HC rules universities can deny admission to eligible students without relevant documents.
Bhim Shankar Thakur had recently approached the Delhi HC in hopes that it will squash Delhi University’s decision of not granting him admission in the LLB course for 2016-2017. However, in a surprising decision, the Delhi HC made it very clear that the Delhi University or any other university has the right to deny admission to students who have cleared any entrance exam but failed to produce the required documents at the time of counselling.
"Since the petitioner failed to appear for counselling in terms of the notification with the original documents, the action of the respondent university in denying admission to the petitioner and not entertaining the degree produced at a subsequent date cannot be faulted," Justice Sanjeev Sachdeva said.
The court’s verdict states that candidates have to report with original documents at the exact date and time for counselling. Failure to do so will get their admission cancelled.
So these are a few things students have to keep in mind:
- Collect your documents/degrees at the earliest.
- Keep tabs on important dates of collection and submissions and always cross check them just to be sure.
- Always carry your original documents with you for submission.
- Your rank in an entrance exam is not a guarantee of your admission in a university until you back it up with the required documents.
MORE from Education
latest from Topper Learning
- Education Franchisee opportunity
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Class 9 Mathematics
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Class 9 Science
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Class 10 Hindi
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Class 10 Science
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics
- Career In Science After 10
- Career In Commerce After 10
- Career In Humanities/Arts After 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 11
- Business Studies Class 12 CBSE project