Govt confirms compulsory Class 10 Board Exam for CBSE from 2017-18
Introduces IIT-PAL, a free website for IIT aspirants.
Union HRD minister Prakash Javadekar has confirmed the decision to bring back Board Exams for Class 10 from the academic year 2017-18.
Javadekar also revealed that state governments will have a choice whether to reintroduce Class 5 and 8 Board Exams or not. Currently, the main focus of HRD Ministry is on improving the quality of school education, specifically of government schools.
In addition, a free website IIT-PAL will be introduced for students so that they get facilities like study material, guidance by experts and discussion options. This, said the Minister, is an attempt to curb student suicides associated with entrance exam stress.
MORE from Education
latest from Topper Learning
- Education Franchisee opportunity
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Class 9 Mathematics
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Class 9 Science
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Class 10 Hindi
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Class 10 Science
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics
- Career In Science After 10
- Career In Commerce After 10
- Career In Humanities/Arts After 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 11
- Business Studies Class 12 CBSE project