CBSE and ISC Cancel Class 12 Board Exams 2021
CBSE Class 12 and ISC Class 12 board exams have been cancelled. Similar to the last year of 2020, if students desire to take the board exams, such an option would be provided to them by CBSE.
CBSE Class 12 board exams and ISC Class 12 board exams have been cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This decision taken by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to cancel Class 12 CBSE board exams has been taken "in the interest of students".
The officials have been instructed by PM Narendra Modi to make sure that the Class 12 results are prepared following "well-defined criteria, in a fair and time-bound manner".
Government of India has decided to cancel the Class XII CBSE Board Exams. After extensive consultations, we have taken a decision that is student-friendly, one that safeguards the health as well as future of our youth. https://t.co/vzl6ahY1O2— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) June 1, 2021
He chaired a review meeting regarding the Class 12 Board exams of CBSE and thereafter announced the decision to cancel the 12th exams and said: "COVID-19 has affected the academic calendar and the issue of Board Exams has been causing immense anxiety among students, parents and teachers, which must be put to an end." "Students should not be forced to appear for exams in such a stressful situation". Similar to last year, for students who desire to take the board exams, such an option would be provided to them by CBSE, as and when the situation becomes conducive.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said it is a "big relief" that the Class 12 board exams have been cancelled. Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said, "I am happy that the never-ending Class 12 for 1.5 crore students of the country will finally end.
The challenge now is for CBSE to arrive at alternative criteria to determine Class 12 marks. Any delay or any confusion on the new grading criteria will lead to more confusion and stress among students.
How CBSE Class 12 results will be calculated?
CBSE will devise 3 point plan for students. Average marks of the last three internal exams conducted by schools will be calculated. An objective method of preparing the results will be considered.
Three important decisions of CBSE
CBSE has taken three major decisions for class 12 exams and results:
- Option 1: CBSE will conduct the exam for those students who want to write the exams. The exam will be held later when the situation is conducive for exams.
- Option 2: CBSE to devise an objective method to decide on evaluation. A detailed method of evaluation will be uploaded on the official website of CBSE soon.
- Option 3: The average of the last three internal exams will be considered while preparing the results of class 12 students.
TopperLearning’s study material can help you score more marks. To get constant practice, subscribe to our study material or call us on 9372462318 / 1800-212-7858. Also clear your exam doubts for CBSE Classes 6-12 and ICSE Classes 6-10 on Topperlearning's doubt solver!
MORE from Education
- Education Franchisee opportunity
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Class 9 Mathematics
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Science
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Class 9 Science
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Class 10 Hindi
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Class 10 Science
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics
- Career In Science After 10
- Career In Commerce After 10
- Career In Humanities/Arts After 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 11
- Business Studies Class 12 CBSE project