With the help of an activity, show that water contains dissolved air in it.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 25th Apr, 2014, 12:16: PM
Activity: Take some water in a glass vessel or beaker. Heat it slowly using a burner on a tripod stand. Before the water begins to boil, look carefully at the inner surface of the vessel. You will see tiny bubbles on the inside of the vessel. On heating water, the solubility of air in it decreases due to which air dissolved in water escapes in the form of tiny bubbles. This shows that air is dissolved in water.
Answered by | 25th Apr, 2014, 02:16: PM
- What is the importance of oxygen gas dissolve in water
- What will happen if oxygen on earth stop for 5 seconds
- Why do you think, mountaineers carry oxygen cylinders with them, while climbing high mountains?
- Why do sea divers carry oxygen gas cylinders along with them when going deep into water?
- Why earthworms come out of the soil only during heavy rains?
- How is oxygen refilled in the atmosphere?
- What if the percentage of oxygen in the air reaches to 70%?
- Write some important uses of oxygen.
- How do the organisms that live in soil get the air they need, for respiration?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number