Why is galvanised article protected against rusting even when the zinc coating is broken
Asked by muskangautam062 | 4th Jun, 2019, 02:33: PM
Because Zinc is more reactive than iron and loses electrons more easily. The outer layer of Zinc will form Zinc oxide. Which is stronger than Zinc. So even whren the zinc coating is broken it still have another strong substance ZnO which is stronger then Zinc and galvanised particles are protected from rusting.
Answered by Ravi | 4th Jun, 2019, 03:24: PM
- what is redox reaction??
- How to find redox reaction?
- Which of the following is a redox reaction? (A) NaCl + KNO3 → NaNO3 + KCl (B) CaC2O4 + 2HCl → CaCl2 + H2C2O4 (C) Mg(OH)2 + 2NH2Cl → MgCl2 + 2NH4OH (D) Zn + 2AgCN → 2Ag + Zn(CN)2
- Pls clear the concept of redox reactions and give me some 10 examples quiclkly
- In this reaction hydrochloric acid is oxidized to chlorine gas and manganese dioxide is reduced to manganese chloride
- We know that the volume of hydrogen and oxygen in electrolysis of water is 2:1, but we see in ncert text book that there is more amount of water in anode than cathode , what is the reason behind this contradiction
- Why electrolysis of water is important?
- what is redox
- Assertion- Silver articles become coated with a black layer upon exposure to air. Resaon- A layer of oxide gets deposited upon oxidation with air. A- Assertion and Reason both are correct and reason is the correct explanation of assertion. B- Assertion and Reason both are correct and reason is not the correct explanation of assertion. C- Assertion is true but reason is false. D- Reason is true but assertion is false Please provide an explanation too. Asked by vandanawasan02 | 13th Feb, 2020, 09:24: AM Expert Answer: Aseertion and reason both are correct and reason is correct explanation of assertion. When silver is exposed to air, it becomes black due to oxide coating, although silver is not very reactive metal but with passage of time, it slowly reacts with oxygen in the air and forms black coloures silver oxide. Follow up question- Silver forms sulphide layer upon oxidation. I am confused between B and C. A option is definitely wrong.
- Reaction of MnO2 and Dil.HCl
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number